Vice Chairman of APRACA
Deputy Governor of Bangladesh Bank
This is my opportunity and privilege to convey a message expressing my gratitude and appreciation to the member institutions of General Assembly of APRACA for electing Bangladesh Bank as the vice-chairman for the next biennial 2012-2014.
APRACA Strategic Plan for 2013-2018 was recently adopted by the majority of its members. The draft Strategic Plan was adopted earlier by the 62nd APRACA Executive Committee held on 26 February 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The completion of the project inception workshop (PIW) of the IFAD Grant FinServAccess Project led to the finalization of year 1 implementation strategies and outputs including the plans for year 2 and year 3. This was accomplished through the dynamic workshop processes facilitated by Mr. Benedicto Bayaua, APRACA Consultant and Dr. Marlowe U. Aquino, Project Manager of FinServAccess Project.
APRACA held its 62nd Executive Committee Meeting on 26 February 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand with the participation of 29 delegates from 11 member countries and three Executives of APRACA Secretariat and Agencies, hosted by Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) of Thailand.
APRACA acquired a new Grant Project from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The Project entitled “Enhancing the Access of Rural Poor to Sustainable Financial Services through Policy Dialogue, Capacity Building and Knowledge Sharing in Rural Finance”
APRACA and Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) of Thailand agreed to hold the 62nd Executive Committee meeting and its subsidiary events from February 25 to March 1, 2013 in Thailand.
- Grand Opening Ceremony was held in conjunction with APRACA General Assembly and Regional Forum
- APRACA held its 18th General Assembly and 61st Executive Committee
- APRACA Regional Forum on Strengthen the Resilience of Smallholder Farmers through Rural Finance Innovations was conducted.
1. APRACA is ready to open the 18th General Assembly and its Subsidiary Meetings in Cambodia
2. APRACA secured 13 speakers for the Regional Forum on Strengthening the Resilience of Smallholder Farmers through Rural Finance Innovations
3. APRACA completed five-year IFAD grant programme: FinPower Programme
APRACA Secretariat has conducted a survey on ‘Demand for diversified APRACA programs’ to benefit from the meeting of APRACA member delegates in order to obtain useful data and information in the fields of rural and agricultural finance and policy for establishing activity plans for members.
APRACA Executive Committee Meeting and two Forums completed successfully The 60th APRACA Executive Committee meeting and two Open Forums have successfully been held on June 13-14 in Tehran by the host of Bank Keshavarzi(BK), Iran with the attendance of a total of 230 delegates including 44 foreign participants from 14 countries .